Peanut sauce goes with everything, and today I wanted to make a different version that is just as simple and equally delicious- Almond Sauce!
My favorite things to put this sauce on are:
- Stir Fry
- Salads (for the right salad this sauce makes a great dressing- might want to thin it out just a bit though)
- As a dip for veggies or crackers, or spring rolls
- Soba noodles or rice noodles
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger (optional- peel and chop this into small pieces)
- 2 garlic small to medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons up to 1/4 cup of water (this will depend on your nut butter consistency as natural nut butter can vary from being more thin to more creamy so start with 2 and add more as needed)
- Optional: 1/4 -1/2 jalapeno pepper if you like spicy but omit if you don’t
- Throw everything into a blender and blend.
- Taste test and consistency test. It should taste “bright” and should be the consistency of a creamy salad dressing- pourable but not too thin.
- If it needs more of anything add a little at a time and re-blend.
- Store in a small jar in the fridge for three to four days to add to whatever your heart desires.