These are an alternative to mashed potatoes that might even win over the most skeptic person at the table. Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie loaded with vitamins and minerals and lower in carbs than traditional mashed potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped (no stems or leaves)
- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil for drizzle
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 (a toaster oven works even better for this).
- Cut the ends off the head of garlic exposing part of the cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and cook for 40-45 minutes or until garlic cloves are soft.
- Place chopped cauliflower in a steamer basket and steam until soft and cooked fully.
- Carefully (it’s hot) put the cauliflower, butter, and a 2-4 cloves of the roasted garlic and a pinch of salt into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy and butter is melted.
- Taste test and add more garlic, salt, pepper, and butter as wanted.