Salmon salad is a pantry recipe that I like to make on the quick for a weekday lunch and I always have enough for several additional lunches. Prep once and eat many times! Fresh salmon is ideal to use, but canned is a nice pantry option that I turn to quite often. Salmon is full of protein and omega-3s so you cannot go wrong here in terms of nutrition.
- 1 14-oz can of salmon
- 1/4 pickle, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs chopped (parsley or dill are my favs)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon mayo
- Mix all ingredients for the salad together in a bowl and taste. Add more of anything you like.