First of all turmeric is not only one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory foods we can put into our bodies, but it also makes whatever recipe it touches turn a golden and rich orange color. It brings vibrancy and warmth.
The benefits of turmeric:
- Antioxidant properties
- Reducing pain
- Helping to prevent cardiovascular disease
- Helping to protect your cells from cancer
- Easing symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Supporting the prevention and treatment of diabetes
- Helping to delay or reverse Alzheimer’s disease
- Playing a role in treating depression
One of my favorite ways to get a little bit of turmeric daily is to make this golden milk recipe. Golden milk is a drink originating from India. It’s so warm and comforting and perfect for the cooler weather. See recipe below, and if you end up making it let me know how you like it!
Servings: 1 | Time: 10 minutes
Note: Take care with turmeric because it will stain clothes and countertops.
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (just a little if you like a little or more if you like more!)
- 1 cup coconut milk, nut milk, oat milk, or organic milk
- Raw honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)
In a stainless steel pot, gently heat coconut oil/ghee. Mix in turmeric, m black pepper and cinnamon. Stir and mix well.
Add coconut milk (or other milk of choice) and whisk/stir well. Warm to just before a simmer.
Add optional honey or maple syrup to taste.
As you enjoy, remember that this drink is healing and beautifying your body from the inside out.