This is a beautiful jewel-toned salad to add to your holiday table. The green of the kale contrasted with the bright red of the pomegranate seeds, deep orange of the roasted sweet potatoes and the white goat cheese makes this look as good as it tastes. Enjoy!
- 2 bunches kale (curly or lacinato), destemmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced into cubes (optional to peel)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Ingredients (Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Dice sweet potatoes, place on parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 30-45 minutes (or until soft and cooked through- the smaller the pieces the faster they cook).
- Place cut kale into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to massage the kale, breaking it down.
- Toast almonds by placing them into a dry sauté pan over medium heat.
- Watch closely as they will toast quickly and give several shakes to get both sides.
- Once browned remove them from the pan to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Assemble salad by adding all ingredients together and lightly mixing.
- Add dressing as you like.